What are marine casting flanges?
Casting is a common flange production technique.The shape and size of the billet are accurate, the processing quantity is small, the production efficiency is high, the cost is low, it can make the complicated shape and so on. But casting marine flange also has casting defects (pores, cracks, inclusions), internal structure streamline is poor, especially cutting parts.
The sealing surface of casting flange can be divided into flat face (FF), raised face (RF), male and female (MFM), tongue and groove surface (TG) and ring type joint (RTJ). Common pressure levels: PN6, PN10, PN16, PN25, PN40, PN64, PN100, PN160.
Marine flange casting process steps:
- Put the selected raw material steel into the intermediate frequency electric furnace for smelting, so that the temperature of molten steel can reach 1600-1700℃;
- Preheat the marine flange metal mold to 800-900℃ to maintain a constant temperature;
- Start the centrifuge and pour molten steel into the preheated metal mold;
- The casting shall be naturally cooled to 800-900℃ for 1-10 minutes;
- Cool with water to nearly normal temperature, then take out the casting.
Haihao Group can production should be the new and old customers all over the world demand casting marine flange,if you have more questions about marine flange or demand, welcome to email us: email@example.com